Chevron Corporation Graduate Petroleum Engineer in Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of [[title]] located in [[filter5]] , [[filter4]] /[[filter3]] through 30 June 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
Our Aberdeen office is looking for a graduate petroleum engineer to strengthen our team; the desired start date is September 2019. We can only consider applicants who will have completed their studies by September 2019.
In the U.K., we use our resources and years of experience finding and producing oil and natural gas to provide the energy that drives human progress.
We have a diverse upstream portfolio with interests in 11 offshore producing fields in the U.K.
We operate four fields and have non-operated interests in seven more. Our asset classes range from high-pressure, high-temperature gas condensate fields, to heavy oil fields and subsea development.
We apply our technology, technical expertise and experience to operate safely and reliably, unlock new opportunities, and sustain a competitive advantage.
To find out more about our operations in the UK please follow the link https://unitedkingdom.chevron.com/about
The successful candidate will start in one of our asset teams as a graduate petroleum engineer typically as a production or reservoir engineer.
They will be responsible for:
• Monitoring daily operations,
• Production optimization,
• Review and assessment of field development plans,
• Support various projects for example, drilling campaigns and reservoir surveillance activities.
In addition to on the job learning there is the opportunity to enhance and accelerate career development through focused training.
• MEng/BEng/BSc in Engineering or Geology at 2.1 or greater
• Strong analytical & technical skills with a practical approach to problem solving
• Excellent communication skills, written & verbal
• Strong interpersonal and time management skills
• Proactive and ability to challenge where appropriate
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Preferred - MSc Degree in petroleum engineering discipline
Previous experience in the oil and gas industry, including internships, would be an advantage
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gendier identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.