Chevron Corporation CPL Pipeliner in Baytown, Texas
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 48,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of CPL Pipeliner located in Baytown, TX through October 15, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Pipeliners are qualified on specific job duties and can independently perform routine maintenance
and/or pipeline operations skills for an assigned pipeline system or system segment. All Pipeliners are
expected to be able to perform all of the Key Job Responsibilities and other operations and
maintenance duties as assigned by supervisor. Pipeliners coordinate their own work and work with
other team members or contractors in performing daily operations and maintenance work processes.
They act on their own initiative to identify and correct work place hazards, unsafe practices, security
violations or environmental concerns. Pipeliners may act as a field team liaison with Subject Matter
Experts and perform link pin or link pin type responsibilities. Pipeliners use quality tools and methods to
make independent decisions in performing daily work. Pipeliners maintain a minimum of Hazwoper
Level III and Level V certification, and possess a demonstrable knowledge of emergency response
procedures gained from either hypothetical drills or actual experience.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
Assisting in a variety of operational, mechanical, technical, and electrical tasks as required.
Operate and service motor vehicles in support of pipeline activities.
Assist in a variety of operating skills tasks which may include setting and verifying valve and
manifold line-ups, maintaining and cleaning equipment, changing orifice plates and blinds, meter
proving, monitoring the cathodic protection systems.
Perform routine housekeeping in shop, field and control room work areas.
May perform limited carpentry, masonry, painting and insulating work.
Clear, mark and maintain right-of-ways including identifying encroachments, marking lines,
clearing brush, and painting markers. Perform routine compliance inspections.
- Assist with performing a variety of functions for third party excavations near assigned facilities
including; line-marking, line riding, witnessing line crossings to ensure our facilities are protected,
performing basic pipeline coating repair and documenting appropriate data.
Assist with inspecting pipeline crossings (exposed pipe) and third-party crossings.
Assist with the launching and receiving of pigs.
Respond appropriately to emergency situations and assist other team members in conducting
- Inspect fire and other safety equipment and systems to ensure that they are maintained and
Perform basic safety duties such as fire-watch and safety monitor.
Maintain and assist with minor repairs to pipelines and pipeline equipment.
Assist with simple lockout/tagout procedures for piping and equipment repairs.
Learn and use basic SAP-PM functions including accessing and reviewing their work and
- Visually inspect the condition of equipment and pipelines to ensure that equipment is running
within design limits and is properly maintained.
Other Responsibilities as Assigned by Management: Specifically learn and perform the following
daily work processes:
• The location of pipeline facilities, manifolds, block valves and right-of-ways of assigned pipeline
system or system segment(s)
• Basic quality, tools, and methods and the concepts of customer focus and business profit
• Basic math, computer, data collection and information management systems skills and
• Routine operation and maintenance skills associated with assigned pipeline system(s) or system
• Basic technical principles associated with routine operation and maintenance skills of assigned
pipeline system or system segment(s)
• Exhibit safety related behaviors consistent with Chevron Pipe Line’s culture
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Must have a minimum of 2 years’ pipeline or industry related experience.
Hazwoper Level III & V certification required. If not currently certified, must become certified
within 1 year of hire, and certifications must be maintained.
- Prior to performing any DOT covered tasks, must meet DOT requirements for operator
- Valid Driver's License Required- No DWI/DUI 3 years. No more than 1 moving violation in past 2
years. DMV records will be checked.
- Work experience in operations (particularly pipeline operations), or in a military environment
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.