Chevron Corporation Process Engineer in Belle Chasse, Louisiana
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of [[title]] located in [[filter5]] , LA . until July 17, 2019
Chevron Oronite Company is a leading developer, manufacturer, and marketer of performance additives for fuels and lubricating oils. It is a subsidiary of Chevron Corporation. We market a broad range of products in 16 different product lines. Headquartered in San Ramon, Chevron Oronite is organized into three primary functions (Supply & Manufacturing, Sales, and Products & Technology) that operate globally across three major regions (Americas, Asia Pacific, and Europe/Africa/Middle East).
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Monitor plant operating conditions, process parameters, and laboratory analyses as required to maintain product quality and to ensure the process is operating within the established limits.
• Provide process troubleshooting support, make technical recommendations, and answer technical inquiries. Accurately and efficiently determine root cause(s) of complex process, operational, and/or equipment problems and recommend cost effective solutions.
• Conduct various technical reviews/studies to improve unit safety, reliability, performance, and efficiency through the use of process hazard analysis tools (HAZOP), management of change (MOC) process, industry and engineering design standards, management systems, etc.
• Plan and execute commercial plant trial runs to optimize process variables, improve process safety, reliability, and/or quality, and to qualify alternate raw materials.
• Serve as a local expert on process chemistry, operating philosophy, and the process design basis for assigned production units.
• Provide process engineering support for capital projects during all phases of execution including project scoping, alternative selection, detailed design, construction and start-up for small and major capital projects.
• Provide technical recommendations and support during the planning and execution phases of production unit shutdowns and plant-wide turnarounds.
A Bachelors Degree in Chemical Engineering OR Mechanical Engineering is required.
A minimum of 3 years of related process engineering experience in the chemical, petrochemical, refining, or power industries.
Self-motivated with the ability to originate and adapt to new ideas. Able to work without supervision. Ability to step up and take ownership of specific team efforts. Able to proactively champion technical issues and see them through to completion.
Able to plan and organize projects from inception to start up. Able to handle multiple activities simultaneously. Must be flexible to respond to Plant support needs as priorities change with specific business needs. Able to balance day to day support issues with longer term offline projects/studies.
Effectively interface with Operators, Mechanics, Supervisors, and Management to complete projects and tasks on time and on budget to meets the business objectives. Ability to seek out customer's needs and prioritize own work accordingly.
Demonstrate role model behavior supporting the Chevron Way principals and values including support for diversity, leadership, teamwork, and customer focus.
Good written and oral communication skills, strong ability to work with core groups and cross functional teams, able to communicate technical ideas to a wide range of stakeholders within the facility.
Must have a TWIC (Transportation Workers Identification Credential) or be eligible to obtain.
Approximately 6 or more years of experience as a Process Engineer working in a Refinery or Chemical Plant.
Direct experience supporting process utilities systems (water treatment, high pressure boilers, cogeneration, SRU, etc.) is preferred.
Knowledge of batch and continuous processes in specialty chemicals or petrochemical industry is a plus
Some project management experience and training is a plus.
Experienced in evaluating potential hazards by participating in HAZOP studies, incident investigations, alarm objective analysis (AOA), management of change (MOC), etc.
Knowledge of simulation software (PRO/II, HYSYS, Aspen, etc) is desired as well as a good working knowledge of the standard desktop applications.
Relocation will be considered.
International Considerations: Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.