Chevron Corporation MCF IT S&AE P\SCM - Application Engineer in Buenos Aires, Argentina
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy. In Downstream China, our business focus on lubricants and additives.
With leading experience in product innovation, client value for more than one century, Chevron lubricants provide products and services under Chevron, Texaco, Caltex brand for over 100 countries globally.
Chevron Oronite, a subsidiary of Chevron Corporation, is a world-scale developer, manufacturer and marketer of lubricant and fuel additives and chemicals. Our product are designed to help enhance the performance and extend the life of many types of transportation and industrial equipment. The success of our global organization is driven by our 2,000 employees working in research and development, manufacturing, supply chain, and sales and marketing across 14 countries.
We believe that talents, partnerships and performance are the keys to making us a major international energy company. Chevron provides a dynamic working environment which allows our employees to perform their best.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of MCF IT S&AE PSCM - Application Engineer located in Buenos Aires , Buenos Aires /Argentina ,
Would you like to be a part of Procurement’s massive Digital Transformation?
Come join us as on the journey as an Application Engineer on the Midstream and Corporate Functions Software and Applications Engineering (S&AE) Team. In this role you will learn and work witt emerging technologies related to Cloud, to Microsoft Analytics and Reports (such as Power BI) and programming (such as PowerApps). You will have the opportunity to work closely with the Procurement IT Enablement Business Relationship Management Team to design solutions for business problems while coordinating the activities business and technical analysts located across multiple geographies to deliver Procurements Digital Transformation initiatives.
The Application Engineer will participate in our largest program called Source to Pay (S2P) NextGen. The S2P program is replacing our end-of-life procurement technology (Ariba) with a cloud-based tool called SMART by GEP. We are doing this in alignment with LEAP and will capitalize on advancements in digital innovation. Current program activities for S2P align with enterprise digital transformation framework, drive Procurement/Supply Chains digital culture and enable functional excellence. You will gain experience in new technologies such as Azure while working in an Agile SAFe environment. Deployments have already began in 2019 and will continue for several years. Besides both applications mentioned, we also provide solutions to other applications under our Service Catalog such as DocuSign, ProCon and READ. And you will be involved in all these exciting challenges to learn and develop your skills.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
• Be a contributor on the global Procurement team to deliver solutions to enable the Procurement and Supply Chain Management business processes. In this position you will learn Procurement S2P business processes and will be exposed to Ariba, SMART by GEP, DocuSign, ProCon, READ, SAP and JD Edwards.
Participate in developing and support of reports/dashboards to facilitate the analysis of the information.
• This position partners with the embedded IT organization to assess business and system requirements and align with business priorities. Our global team is located in the US, Buenos Aires, Manila and India. Flexibility in work hours will be required for meetings with resources in other geographies.
• With the implementation of a SaaS application, the Global team is responsible to work with the BRMs to Prioritize the enhancement, defects, roll outs and coordinate with the SaaS provider to get the solutions implemented as per business needs.
• Previous exposure to Ariba, SAP, and/ or JDE knowledge and the processes they support (i.e., sourcing, contracting, category management, order management, invoicing, etc.) is a plus.
• Previous experience / exposure to Low Code programming, Databases and reporting tools is also a plus.
• If you’re not familiar with these mentioned we will consider a big plus if you are willing to challenge yourself to learn, so you can participate in related technical activities and projects.
• Leadership - Adept at building strong relationships with peers on the cross functional leadership team, embedded IT organization, and other key stakeholder groups to achieve business objectives.
• Technical Experience - Demonstrated capability to understand critical business drivers and work with Business Relationship Managers to evaluate alternatives to arrive at solutions that maximize value for P/SCM. . Comfortable with Agile methodologies and Cloud Technologies. Must be comfortable working in different assignments and having his/her time divided in different activities that will involve different deliverables and challenges
• Communication - Experience in working with global teams (employees and contractors) and using multiple communication methods to ensure business objectives are clearly communicated and understood by the team. Encourage open expression of ideas and opinion while including regional team members in design discussions. Solid facilitation, presentation, and listening skills.
• Team Work - Excellent team player with ability to work both independently and in a group setting, willing to wear multiple hats. Influence team to use best practice solution or Chevron’s standards.
This position is for Buenos Aires Argentina only
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gendier identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.