Chevron Corporation Release Train Engineer - Senior Scrum Master in Buenos Aires, Argentina
The Chevron Business Support Center (BASSC) located in Buenos Aires (Puerto Madero), Argentina, is accepting online applications for the position Release Train Engineer. Successful candidates will join the IT Engineering function which is part of a successful multifunction service center with a workforce of more than 900 employees delivering business services and solutions across the globe.
Seeking passionate individuals who exemplify high performing behaviors and share our vision of bringing Agile/Scrum and the power of new ways of working and solutions to Argentina Business Unit. The Release Train Engineer (RTE) is a servant leader and coach for the Agile Release Trains (ART) consisting of multiple Scrum teams. The RTEs responsibilities are to facilitate the ART events & processes, think strategically about how best to deliver value for the overall business partner and assist teams in delivering that value. RTEs communicate with stakeholders, remove barriers, escalate impediments where applicable, help manage risk, and drive relentless improvement for ARTs. RTEs establish and communicate the cadence of iterations and Program Increments (PIs). RTEs facilitate the PI planning event, and other ceremonies such as the ART Sync and demos, summarize PI Objectives and publish them for visibility and transparency. They assist in tracking the execution of features and capabilities and improve the flow of value. On top of that, they coach leaders, teams, Product Owners and Scrum Masters in the new processes and agile mindset.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
• Facilitating the ART events/ processes and assist teams in delivering value.
• Provide coaching to leaders, teams, Product Owners and Scrum Masters in the new processes and Agile mindset.
• Communicate with stakeholders, escalate impediments, help manage risk, and drive relentless improvement.
• Able to think strategically about how to deliver business value across Argentina Business Unit.
• Able to create and maintain dashboards and queries that makes information visible for decision making.
• Bachelor’s degree in an IT or business-related discipline.
• 3+ years as a Scrum Master.
• 1-2+ years as an Agile Release Train Engineer.
• Prior experience managing Agile Release Trains using the scaled agile SAFe Framework.
• Strong facilitation, and stakeholder engagement experience.
• Current Scrum Master Certification from a recognized Agile certifier.
• Highly proficient in English.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work in a multicultural and diverse environment.
• Abiltity to travel.
• Master’s degree preferred.
• SAFe certification(s).
• Experience managing Sprint and/or Kanban boards using Azure DevOps or similar work management tool.
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron Corporation is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies. Through its subsidiaries that conduct business worldwide, the company is involved in virtually every facet of the energy industry. Chevron explores for, produces and transports crude oil and natural gas; refines, markets and distributes transportation fuels and lubricants; manufactures and sells petrochemicals and additives; generates power; and develops and deploys technologies that enhance business value in every aspect of the company's operations. Chevron is based in San Ramon, Calif. More information about Chevron is available at www.chevron.com.
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.