Chevron Corporation Software Engineer – Low Code Applications in Buenos Aires, Argentina
Development and execution of data architectures, governance, practices and procedures that properly manage the full data life cycle needs of the enterprise.
Software EngineerThis is a position only for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. Chevron explores, produces and transports crude oil and natural gas; refines, markets and distributes fuels and other energy products; manufactures and sells petrochemical products; generates power; and develops future energy resources. Chevron values integrity, trust, diversity and ingenuity.The Chevron Business Support Center (BASSC), located in Buenos Aires (Puerto Madero), Argentina, is accepting online applications for the position of Software Engineer.Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
• Level 1 support.
• Develop software solution leveraging established Chevron technology standards and collaborate with internal partners to develop new technology standards as needs arise.• Design and develop data engineering, data integration and data management practices and tools
• Manage life cycle through development, test, and production
• Maintain working knowledge of the latest software engineering tools and practices for continuous integration, unit tests, static and dynamic profiling, code coverage, code analysis, and automated tests.
• Provides full support of applications for break-fix, install, move, add, change, and preventative maintenance activities.• Ensures adherence to IT Service Management (ITSM) incident and change management processes for application delivery• Assist and support data / information and application integration• Provide basic business analysis on enhancement requests, document requirements and develop/deploy new functionality
• 2+ years of experience with Low Code Software Development• 1+ year of experience in power platform, such as Power App (Model Driven and Canvas), CDS, Plugins, Web Resource and Power BI, Flow• Knowledge of DevOps, Prototyping, AGILE/Scrum, service-oriented achitecture or microservices.• Knowledgeable on one or more development platforms (Microsoft, Linux/Unix, Cloud, Mobile).
The successful candidate is result oriented and able to form strong partnership with business and project teams.Some familiarity on data engineering/data management practices and tools.Highly motivated and a self-starter. Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a diverse team.
Ability to manage or work on multiple projects and tasks at one time.
Ability to multitask, meet deadlines, prioritize requests, and work independently while producing quality work.
Flexible and adaptable when priorities shiftdue to changing situations
Compensation & Benefits
BASSC pay and benefits are designed to be competitive and meet the diverse needs of our workforce. We offer:
• Competitive base pay• Annual incentive award (bonus)• Work from home and flexible schedule options• Supplemental Life Insurance Plan• Family Health Premium Plan• Day Care Subsidy• Educational Assistance Program• English Lessons• Employee Assistance Program• Recognition & Award Program
This is a position only for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron Corporation is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies. Through its subsidiaries that conduct business worldwide, the company is involved in virtually every facet of the energy industry. Chevron explores for, produces and transports crude oil and natural gas; refines, markets and distributes transportation fuels and lubricants; manufactures and sells petrochemicals and additives; generates power; and develops and deploys technologies that enhance business value in every aspect of the company's operations. Chevron is based in San Ramon, Calif. More information about Chevron is available at www.chevron.com.
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.