Chevron Corporation Field Specialist A in Crane, Texas
Field Specialist A
Chevron North America Exploration and Production Company is accepting online applications for the position of Field Specialist with the McElroy Production Team near Crane, TX through October 6, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time). This position assumes the responsibility of monitoring and optimization of all production process variables, ensuring that all production equipment is operating at peak reliability and efficiency, and acquiring and storing data.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
· Actively supports Health, Environment, and Safety processes by accomplishing daily activities within applicable regulations and policies, carrying out duties in an environmentally conscious manner, following safe operating practices as described in the MCBU Safe Practice Manual, maintaining a safe working environment, and being prepared to respond to an environmental or safety event
· Operates, troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains oil and gas production equipment
· Perform duties (as detailed below) associated with oil and gas producing operations; including but not limited to plunger lift, rod pumping and flowing wells, and compressors:
· Optimizing artificial lift systems.
· Testing wells.
· Acquires fluid level information.
· Records keeping and data input.
· Monitors computer control systems.
· Tests safety devices.
· Operates and monitors of SCADA.
· Partners with other employees, and contractors to ensure that all equipment is operating at peak efficiency
· Utilizes a Computerized Maintenance Management System to create work orders for inventory and work planning/prioritization
· Assures all work performed adheres to Chevron's Operational Excellence standards and regulatory requirements.
· Other duties as assignedRequired Qualifications:
· A minimum of six months current related experience in oil and gas, or related petrochemical industries
· Ability and willingness to work rotating on-call shifts, weekends and holidays of assigned work schedule and overtime based on workload
· Possess a valid driver's license.
· Associate degree in Petroleum or Process Technology or related technology discipline
· Hight School Diploma or equivalent
· Two years current related experience in oil and gas, or related petrochemical industries
· Familiarity with reliability efforts for a variety of safety, environmental and production related issues
· Ability to perform basic troubleshooting and maintenance of production and facility equipment
· Familiar with pneumatic/electronic instrumentation
· Basic knowledge in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.), CMMS, SCADA, and an aptitude for learning new software packages
· Capable of simultaneously performing multiple tasks with limited supervision
· Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with a diverse team of coworkers, contractors, and internal and external customers
· Ability to manage time effectively, and work with minimal supervisionRelocation Options:Relocation benefits maybe considered for internal candidatesInternational Considerations:Expatriate assignments will not be considered.Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast-feeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including medical condition), military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other status protected by law or regulation.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.