Chevron Corporation El Segundo - HES Safety Analyst in El Segundo, California
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of El Segundo - HES Safety Analyst located in El Segundo , CA through January 25, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
The Safety Analyst is a member of El Segundo Refinery's HES Team and responsibilities include:
• Under supervision of the Section Head and delegated staff specialists, maintains on-going HES data tracking systems with up to date information, which may include - but not necessarily limited to: chemical inventory (SDS database), injury tracking, CHESM database, employer first report of injury data entry, HES scorecard metrics, etc. These are electronic records and systems that require good competency in Excel (spreadsheets) and general database use and management.
• Communicates the above related metrics and statistics to all levels of organization as needed (e.g. TRIR, hours worked used to calculate TRIR and related metrics, etc.) electronically (dashboards, web, e mail, etc.), by voice and by hardcopy as needed.
• Maintains internet web site information for ready access by stakeholders, may design or update web layouts or content, etc. Checks out, modifies per direction and resubmits electronic instructions (Green Book sections) per refinery process to maintain HES instructions and policies. Maintains and manages an organized filing system (electronically and hard copy) for compliance related documents to back up the above and additional as needed to support H&S functions.
• With guidance from specialists, gathers and inputs data into agency and third-party systems as part of compliance and industry reporting (e.g. California CERS chemical inventory, AFPM and API data, US Dept of Labor statistics data reporting). Engages third party and agency representatives as needed to trouble shoot routine data entry issues.
• Maintains skills through development courses or assignments, instructs staff and others in accessing information and evaluates processes for efficiency improvements and upcoming issues.
• Performs related duties as needed to back up data management needs of HES division (e.g. TSPA data), maintain information and data systems and communicate with stakeholders (internal and external).
High School Diploma or equivalent required
Two years working with spreadsheets and/or databases required (student worker experience applies)
Proficiency in basic office IT applications (Microsoft Word, e mail, etc.)
Ability to analyze data and provide insightful analysis that illustrates key cause and effect, business and value drivers
Solid math skills with ability to convert volume and weight units, and perform elementary statistical analysis
Ability to walk out bulk storage areas and visually inventory containers (e.g. drums, bins)
Four-year college degree highly desirable
Two or more years as an administrative assistant or working in a refinery/petrochemical plant desirable
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.