Chevron Corporation Senior Process Engineer (Multiple Unit Technologies) in El Segundo, California
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of [[title]] located in [[filter5]] , [[filter4]] / [[filter3]] .
Chevron is seeking Senior Process Engineers to work in the El Segundo Refinery Process Engineering Division. Chevron is committed to maintaining a high level of technical expertise in the downstream organization to maintain an industry leading position in safe, reliable and profitable operation of its refineries.
Chevron is seeking Senior Process Engineers to work in the El Segundo Refinery Process Engineering Division. Chevron is committed to maintaining a high level of technical expertise in the downstream organization to maintain an industry leading position in safe, reliable and profitable operation of its refineries. This position is relied upon for technical expertise to support day-to-day operations, process optimization, process safety improvements and evaluations. This position will report to the technical organization. It is required that the individual have demonstrated expertise in Crude and Vacuum Distillation, Hydroprocessing/Hydrocracking, Relief Systems, or Reforming. Experience in other processes is beneficial (e.g. Alkylation, Hydrogen Manufacturing, and/or Amine/Sour Water)
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
• Provide local process engineering expertise for assigned unit technology and other units as assigned. Support requires answering technical inquiries, making technical recommendations, providing process
troubleshooting, and developing process procedures.
• Participate in unit optimization teams to work on short and long term process improvement opportunities.
• Develop procedures and support for commissioning of new and existing facilities.
• Facilitate agreements on operating philosophies and control strategies on plant units.
• Network with other subject matter experts in other facilities to leverage shared expertise.
• Carry out various studies to improve plant safety, reliability and economics.
• Help identify gaps between current performance and best-in-class and recommend opportunities for improvement.
• Provide engineering support for capital project development and construction.
• Develop design basis and front-end engineering for minor and major capital projects. Examples include long term capital project vision planning, conceptual project development, technology selection, and detailed engineering.
• Act as mentor/resource for facility process and control engineers.
• Influence and improve work processes for a global technical system.
• Flexible to respond to Refinery and capital project support needs as priorities change with specific business needs.
• Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering.
• A minimum of 8 years of process engineering experience in the refining industry. At least 5 years’ experience in an operating oil refinery.
• Proven expertise in one or more unit technologies such as Crude and Vacuum Distillation, Hydroprocessing, Relief or Reforming.
• Completed at least one assignment in area of expertise (typically 18 to 24 mos. in duration)
• Interest in continued technical development
• Demonstrated practical application of the CHE fundamentals of mass transfer/distillation, heat transfer, fluid dynamics and kinetics (as applicable for technology of interest)
• Experience participating in studies such as PHA, IPR/ROI, LOPA, AOA, etc.
• Recognized as possessing strong communication skills, technically competent, being proactive and delivering results.
• Demonstrated ability to:
◦ Work with little to no supervision
◦ Influence the decision of a team through dialogue and presentation of data
◦ Reach consensus when necessary to achieve a larger goal
◦ Meet deadlines for critical efforts/initiatives
◦ Handle multiple activities simultaneously
◦ Lead a team or initiative such as Lean Sigma, IOW/CPV, URB, Reliability/Profit Improvement projects
◦ Troubleshoot large/complex unit operational issues
• Supported at least one (1) major turnaround – familiar with all phases of turnaround planning and execution (IMPACT)
• A minimum of 10 years of process engineering experience in the oil refining industry.
• Supervisory experience such as a Lead PE or as a Shift Supervisor.
• Operations Assistant, Oils Planning, and or PSM/Reliability Experience
• SME on at least one PHA
• Regular CSOC certification
• Lean Sigma Green Belt certified
• Multiple site experience supporting major turnarounds and/or capital project execution (not requiring relocation)
• Supported at least one turnaround in technology of interest
• Process design experience particularly in technology of interest
• Proficient in the use of process simulation software and unit modelling
• Experience leading or participating in an incident investigation using TapRooT or WhyTree methodologies
• Familiar with PE roles for CPMS driven projects
• Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters
• Expat assignments will not be considered.
• Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.