Chevron Corporation GOM -Automation Technician Trainee (Offshore) in Golden Meadow, Louisiana
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 48,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources.
The Gulf of Mexico (GOM) Business Unit's Deepwater Operations is accepting online applications for the position of Offshore Automation Technician Trainee rotating out of Galliano, Louisiana through March 31, 2019 at 11:59 p.m . (Eastern Standard Time).
This position will assume the responsibility of maintaining and repairing a wide array of electrical and electronic equipment associated with offshore oil and gas producing operations.
The successful candidate(s) will work on multi-skilled offshore operations team. The successful candidate will work a 14 & 14 rotational schedule. The position could be on any of our deep water facilities including, Jack/St. Malo (Semi-submersible floating facility), Petronius (Compliant Tower facility),Tahiti (Spar), Blind Faith (Semi-submersible floating facility), Genesis (Spar) or Bigfoot (Semi-submersible floating facility).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
· Actively support Health, Environment, and Safety processes by accomplishing daily activities within applicable regulations and policies, carrying out duties in an environmentally conscious manner, following safe operating practices, maintaining a safe working environment, and being prepared to respond to an environmental or safety event.
· Troubleshoot, diagnose, repair, and maintain wide array of automation equipment associated with offshore oil and gas producing operations; including but not limited to:
· DCS systems (Yokogawa Centum VP and ProSafe RS, Foxboro I/A)
· Maintenance of Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) hardware with basic troubleshooting using program logic (Allen Bradley, etc.)
· Human Machine Interface (HMI) software applications (Wonderware Intouch and System Platform )
· Maintenance of HART-capable input sensors for pressure, level, flow,and temperature, as well as final element output devices such as valve positioners, I/Ps, solenoid-operated pneumatic and hydraulic valves, and relays.· Flow computers
· Maintenance of various types of networks (TCPIP, ControlNet, DeviceNet)
· Area Classification, P&ID Drawings, Cause and Effects, and Safe Charts
· Partner with other employees, and contractors to ensure that all equipment is operating at peak efficiency.
· Utilize Computerized Maintenance Management System to create work orders for inventory and work planning/prioritization.
· Assure all work performed adheres to Chevron's Operational Excellent standards and regulatory requirements.
· Other duties as assigned.
· High School Diploma or equivalent.
· Associates degree with a GPA of 2.5 or higher in instrumentation or automation technology within the last 3 years.
Or Military rank of E4 or higher and discharged from the military within the last 3 years with Military Occupational Specialty in: Instrumentation, Electrical, or related discipline.
· Ability and willingness to work a 14/14 offshore rotational schedule.
· Ability and willingness to work 12 hour shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
· Ability to successfully complete a post-offer/pre-placement drug and alcohol screening, background check, physical, functional capacity examination and obtain TWIC card.
· 2 years of offshore automation technician experience in the oil and gas industry.
· Current T-2 regulatory certification / Production Safety System Training.
· Familiarity with reliability efforts for a variety of safety, environmental and production related issues.
· General knowledge of major offshore facility process systems.
· Ability to perform basic troubleshooting and maintenance of pneumatic / electronic instrumentation associated with offshore facility process systems.
· In-depth knowledge of control and safety systems and capable of using analytical skills to perform predictive failure analysis.
· Demonstrated understanding of safety device testing and installation requirements as prescribed by BSEE (e.g. API RP 14C, RP 14F, and RP 500) and United States Coast Guard (USCG) regulations, and the National Electric Code (NFPA 70, 70E).
· Basic knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.), and CMMS.
· Capable of simultaneously performing multiple tasks with limited supervision.
· Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with a diverse team of coworkers, contractors, and internal and external customers.
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.