Chevron Corporation Application Developer in Makati City, Philippines
The End User Solutions Asset team supports the enterprise-wide deployment of different platforms and applications (such as SharePoint, Enterprise Search, Yammer, and Project Server) which facilitates collaboration and enhanced productivity that helps to enable Chevron to effectively manage information through its entire lifecycle, as well as improving collaboration within the company and with external partners. The successful candidate for this position will benefit from learning different technologies within the End User Solutions Asset (EUSA) organization and how it is being utilized throughout the enterprise, as well as broad exposure to multiple business partners across the globe. EUSA is also one of the first organizations heavily involved in the forefront of Chevron’s shift to the cloud, with the SharePoint Next project in full swing. This role also offers immersion into EUSA’s operational and change management processes and to strengthen their ITIL/ITSM proficiency.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
• Application Development & Integration: This position provides project support and consulting for implementing, operating, maintaining, enhancing, testing and integrating enterprise roadmap collaboration solutions, primarily focused on the SharePoint Online, OneDrive and related technologies within the Content Collaboration product tower. These include out of the box SharePoint Designer and native SharePoint UI, automation scripts used for installation, configuration and migration of content across on-premise and cloud solutions, deploying the SharePoint App Model, Manage Metadata & Search Services, and applying information retention and auto archiving functionality. Captures requirements and translates them into technical solutions. Determine and document the solution design, including all development tasks that are necessary to address all applicable requirements.
• Ensures solutions adhere to technology standards including, but not limited to coding, platform and architecture standards. Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs. Understands application development methodologies, patterns, services, and object oriented design.
• Platform Support: Manage on-premise SharePoint platform configuration.
• Facilitate operational assurance knowledge transfer with operations team for services moving to production. Works with operations team to troubleshoot incidents or provide level 3 support when required.
• Business Consulting: Translate business partner requirements and processes into effective SharePoint solutions. Configure, design, develop and test SharePoint Solutions, web parts, workflows and InfoPath forms in order to improve business processes.
Strong customer focus.
Advocates operational excellence by proactively doing a step ahead of what the customers need, thus, thinking and initiating process improvements.
Good verbal communication skills and has the ability to work in a global team.
Flexible and willing to work outside his/her comfort zone
Ability to design and document a custom solution.
Ability to evaluate and design implementations for 3rd party tools.
Ability to visualize, articulate, and solve complex problems.
Ability to make clear, data-driven decisions based on available information.
Experience developing enterprise applications in C#/.NET Framework.
Experience with a scripting language such as PowerShell, VBScript.
Competency with Visual Studio.
Competency with SQL Server and writing & running SQL queries.
Knowledge of Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) and web services.
Experience with Scaled Agile Development Practices.
Ability to work in a team environment, understand and be responsive to project needs, and work under tight deadlines.
Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and understandable manner both verbally and in writing.
Demonstrated ability to effectively work with global teams. Strong analytical, interpersonal and relationship building skills
Applying knowledge of IS policies, standards, and procedures to work activities with own initiative
Working to priorities set by Manager or Product Owner; self-directed within broad guidelines
2+ years of experience designing and implementing solutions using the Microsoft technology stack.
Office 365 Integration
1+ years of experience designing, developing and implementing enterprise class solutions on SharePoint.
Competence with a source control repository or basic knowledge of TFS or Azure DevOps.
Knowledge of SharePoint farm architecture & topology.
Experience with SharePoint APIs.
Server Side Object Model
Client Side Object Model
Experience with developing and deploying apps using the SharePoint App Model.
Experience with leading edge Microsoft technology stack.
Experience implementing test automation and continuous integration.
Security and Authentication technologies
SDLC, Scaled Agile
Business Analytics , business intelligence
Web Publishing systems
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron Corporation is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies. Through its subsidiaries that conduct business worldwide, the company is involved in virtually every facet of the energy industry. Chevron explores for, produces and transports crude oil and natural gas; refines, markets and distributes transportation fuels and lubricants; manufactures and sells petrochemicals and additives; generates power; and develops and deploys technologies that enhance business value in every aspect of the company's operations. Chevron is based in San Ramon, Calif. More information about Chevron is available at www.chevron.com.