Chevron Corporation IT Full Stack Reliability Engineer (FSRE) in Makati, Philippines
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron Holdings Inc. (CHI) is a pioneer and leading multi-function Shared Services Center in the Philippines located in Makati City. With a workforce of more than 1,000, CHI delivers business services and solutions in areas such as finance, human resources, procurement, marketing support and information technology.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of [[title]] located in [[filter5]] , [[filter4]] /[[filter3]] through July 20, 2018 at 11:59 a.m.
High Level Job Description & Scope:
IT Service Delivery (ITSD) is creating an IT Operations Center with the mission of maximizing IT service availability and the end user experience. The ITOC will deliver an end-to-end service approach for incident management to meet service level objectives by proactively preventing and promptly resolving incidents. Greater than 50% of the work on the team will be focused on proactive incident prevention with the remainder acting as a standing major incident management team. As part of this effort we will be pulling in technology leaders (Reliability Engineers) to staff the IT Operations Center.
The Full Stack Reliability Engineer is a member of the IT Operations Center and uses her or his broad knowledge and expertise (full-stack technology view) for proactive incident prevention by baselining against expected service performance, applying lessons learned for process improvement and utilizing data analytics to proactively identify problem areas and operational gaps. They also serve as technical lead during a major incident management response.
The successful candidate also develops proactive and automated resolution and maintenance opportunities, and makes decisions on scenarios that are not currently covered by existing processes. This is a hands-on IT infrastructure position in a dynamic and fast paced environment, with a lot of opportunity to expand into other technical disciplines.
• Troubleshooting the end to end service from the desktop to the end user application
• Finding opportunities to avoid future issues by improving logging and creating automated resolutions based on triggers
• Develop automation scripts for repetitive tasks
• Mentoring of Technology Reliability Engineers so they are prepared to handle any issue encountered regardless of the technology involved.
• Participate in follow the sun 24x7 shift coverage model, in support of Chevron’s most critical IT assets.
Competencies Required for the Position:
- Broad Technical Knowledge: working experience preferably in many of the technology disciplines essential for the full end to end service operations stack:
(Server) Windows and Linux knowledge
PowerShell or CLI abilities
Certificates and keys
Cyber Security or general IT security background
Identity (Active Directory, Azure AD, SAML and OpenID Federation)
Cloud administration including VNets/Subnets, Route Tables (UDR), Network Security Groups, Express Routes
Demonstrated ability to develop plans, establish technical direction direction, inspire others and deliver results.
Fosters the development of strong OE delivery process and promotes the sharing of best practices across ITC
Work with management in defining and executing strategic staffing. Identify resource gaps and defining staffing strategy
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicating complex IT ideas to individuals or teams with various levels and experience: from technical SMEs to senior management. Ability to influence, collaborate with other teams to implement consistent and standard process and tools.
- Excellent time management, data analytics, root cause analysis, crisis management and problem-solving skills are essential. Ability to grasp new technologies and translate into business value.
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.