Chevron Corporation Plant Specialist in Midland, Texas
Chevron North America Exploration and Production is accepting online applications for the position of a Plant Specialist located at the Mabee Gas Plant near Midland, TX through July 25, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
This position assumes the responsibility of monitoring and optimization of all production process variables, ensuring that all production equipment is operating at peak reliability and efficiency, and acquiring and storing data.
Key Job Responsibilities:
• Participate in and support HES processes, Level III audits, BBS, JSA’s, PHAs, and PSSRs
• Operate, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain oil and gas production and facility equipment
Participate in and support these activities:
Crew emergency drills,
CBTs, training (including refresher),
OE meetings, Level III audits,• Monitor all process variables and make needed adjustments in Natural Gas Liquid extraction and Production Safety Management facilities• Startup and shutdown of compressors and pumps• Operation and monitoring of SCADA• Partner with other employees, and contractors to ensure that all equipment is operating at peak efficiency• Utilize Computerized Maintenance Management System to create work orders for inventory and work planning/prioritization• Assure all work performed adheres to Chevron’s Operational Excellence standards and regulatory requirements
Develop daily safety work permits, turnovers etc
Notify proper personnel of all HES and process incidents.
Monitor project work and day to day maintenance activities for Safe Work Practice compliance.
Address any safety issues with Head Operator, HES Specialist, and Operations Supervisors.
Must have the ability to lead operating crew during a HES incident or plant upset, acts as Incident Commander during a major incident when HO is not available.Initiate MOCs as needed.
Under the direction of Head Operator and Process Advisor, monitor and optimize plant processes as well as trouble shoot and correct plant process problems.
Assists in the coordination of all field and plant activities.
Performs daily activities including, permitting, and turnovers.
Populate daily turnover, field readings and inventory data onto various computer spreadsheets.
Write computer based (D7i) W/Os & MOCs as needed.
• A minimum of 3 years of experience with and knowledge of gas plant processes and control systems
• Experience with operation of DCS control panel and corrective actions regarding process variables out of normal
• Ability and willingness to give direction to Plant Specialists and Field Specialists
• Ability to perform basic troubleshooting and maintenance of production and facility equipment
• Familiar with pneumatic/electronic instrumentation
• Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.), CMMS, and an aptitude for learning new software packages
• Capability of simultaneously performing multiple tasks with limited supervision
• Demonstrated leadership skills
• Ability to manage time effectively, and work with minimal supervision
• Completion of 3 Plant Training modules
• Experience with giving direction to Plant Specialists and Field Specialists
• Familiarity with reliability efforts for a variety of safety, environmental and production related issues
• Good understanding of the DEQ Title V Operating Plan and adherence to the Op Plan.
• Completed training of Control Board training module
Relocation will be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriates will not be considered for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.