Chevron Corporation Administrative Assistant- in San Ramon, California
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 48,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of [[title]] located in [[filter5]] , [[filter4]] / [[filter3]] through August 21, 2019 at 11:59 (Eastern Standard Time).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
• Handles all administrative assistant responsibilities for Managing Counsel in Corporate Governance and Subsidiary Governance, including managing calendars in Outlook, coordinating meetings, planning events, registering for seminars and conferences, ordering office supplies, answering phones, coordinating office moves, maintaining files, and requesting badging and credentials for any visitors.
• Performs P-card reconciliation and invoice processing and administers wireless accounts and subscriptions.
• Maintains memberships & subscription log and handles payments and renewals.
• Processes invoices through Vendor Auto-Load and sets up new legal vendors through TeamConnect.
• Prepares and sends letters to Chevron stockholders.
• Coordinates travel logistics using CTREX and ensures all details are arranged for Managing Counsel travel.
• Prepares travel and other business-related expense reports which include inputting, tracking and reconciling.
• Organizes meeting logistics for daily, weekly, monthly and annual events. Meeting logistics include:
catering, scheduling meeting rooms, arranging WebEx calls, setting up equipment for video conferencing, and emailing meeting notices, agendas and other key information.
• Interacts professionally and effectively with senior management and handles sensitive and confidential materials with discretion.
• Assists with preparations for Annual Meeting of Stockholders, including badges for guests, volunteers and attendees. Coordinates with reproduction services for the preparation of posters and signs and orders required supplies.
• Maintains Corporate Governance SharePoint calendar.
• Monitors the Corporate Governance telephone hotline and email group mail box. Logs all inquiries and responses via email and letter, as appropriate.
• Provides back-up and relief support to the other administrative assistant in Corporate Governance and learns specific requirements to handle that group’s needs.
• Independently completes special projects, as requested.
• Must be a team player and willing to assist other members in Corporate Governance, however needed.
• High School Degree or equivalent
• Minimum of 5+ years of administrative experience
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate (written and oral) with all levels of management
• Listens and takes directions quickly; maintains tactful and professional demeanor in all situations
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative, prioritize and meet deadlines
• Able to multi-task, anticipate needs and follow through on assigned tasks
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ensures quality results when proofing documents so they are error-free and returned to the customers within the timeframe requested
• Proficiency in MS office applications: Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint and OneDrive
• Willingness to serve as a subject matter expert for Governance with respect to Office 365 productivity tools (e.g., Microsoft Teams, Microsoft OneNote) by building fluency in these tools through training, research, collaborating with others, and seeking out best practices
• Willingness to learn new skills as needed
• Experience working in a legal department or law firm; Chevron Law Function experience
• Experience with TeamConnect and Vendor Auto-Load
• Experience with Video conferencing (WebEx), Room Booking tool, and Travel and Expense & PCard reporting (Concur/CTREX)
• Experience with Office 365 productivity tools
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast-feeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including medical condition), military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other status protected by law or regulation.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at email@example.com .
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.