Chevron Corporation Lead GHG Reporting Specialist in San Ramon, California
Chevron is accepting online applications for the Lead GHG Reporting Specialist position through July 29th, 2021 at 11:59 pm (Central Time Zone)
Chevron believes the future of energy is lower carbon, and is committed to providing affordable, reliable, ever-cleaner energy that enables human progress and delivers superior stockholder value in any business environment. Further, one of Chevron’s five energy transition principles is to be the industry leader in transparent GHG reporting. The Lead GHG Reporting Specialist within the Chevron Technical Center (CTC) Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) group plays an important role in realizing this goal. This position is responsible for supporting the management of Chevron’s corporate GHG inventory, including initiatives to further improve data quality and timely reporting. One such initiative is to support the development of a highly automated GHG/air emissions accounting and reporting solution through serving as the GHG/air subject matter expert (SME) on Chevron’s lower carbon digital delivery team. This is an opportunity to directly impact Chevron’s journey towards a lower carbon future.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
• Support management of Chevron’s corporate GHG inventory, including initiatives to further improve data quality and external data reporting.
• Train and mentor business unit GHG/air data reporting specialists to further build GHG/air organizational capability across the enterprise.
• Support increased GHG/air data integrity and timely reporting through role as GHG/air subject matter expert (SME) on Chevron’s lower carbon digital delivery team.
• Lead development of business requirements for enterprise digital GHG and air emissions reporting solution/s, in consultation with business unit and corporate stakeholders.
• Participate in evaluation of GHG/air vendor solution/s against business and technical requirements.
• Advise on configuration and deployment of GHG/air vendor solution/s to meet corporate and business unit needs.
• Technical Skills: Solid technical understanding of GHG/air emissions sources common to the oil and gas industry. Knowledge and/or experience in complying with mandatory GHG reporting programs (e.g., EPA GHGRP) and general environmental air regulations highly desirable. Previous experience in managing corporate GHG/air inventories, and/or in developing and deploying digital GHG/air emissions accounting and reporting solutions a plus.
• Leadership: Effective program manager, with ability to manage numerous tasks to aggressive deadlines, and influence internal stakeholders. Demonstrated ability to communicate concisely and effectively in all directions.
• Teamwork: Proven track record of building positive working relationships in all directions and across functions.
• Digital Fluency: Strong computer/data management skills required. Expertise in environmental data analytics and data science highly desirable. Knowledge and/or experience in EC, PI and other source data systems a plus.
• BS in civil, chemical or environmental engineering, or environmental science required.
• Minimum of three to five years experience working in GHG and/or air emissions reporting strongly preferred.
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast-feeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including medical condition), military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other status protected by law or regulation.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at email@example.com.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron Corporation is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies. Through its subsidiaries that conduct business worldwide, the company is involved in virtually every facet of the energy industry. Chevron explores for, produces and transports crude oil and natural gas; refines, markets and distributes transportation fuels and lubricants; manufactures and sells petrochemicals and additives; generates power; and develops and deploys technologies that enhance business value in every aspect of the company's operations. Chevron is based in San Ramon, Calif. More information about Chevron is available at www.chevron.com.
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.