Chevron Corporation Legal Assistant in San Ramon, California
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position Legal Assistant through January 25th, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time).
This position supports seven Chevron lawyers, who manage Chevron Upstream’s international litigation and arbitrations. Consequently, the lawyers travel internationally and must attend calls and virtual meetings across a variety of time zones. The individual will report to the Manager of Legal Services, Upstream.
This position requires a high level of initiative, accuracy, and attention to detail. This position also requires an individual who has a positive, can-do attitude, strong interpersonal skills, excellent problem-solving skills, is proactive, has demonstrated the ability to multitask and manage high volume of work and works well independently as well as in teams. The position works closely with other Chevron law groups outside of the U.S. and outside legal organizations.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
• Assisting the lawyers in preparing correspondence, presentations, and routine reports.
• Coordinates logistics, agendas, and presentation materials, for meetings, conference, and special
• Coordinating complex and extensive international and occasionally domestic travel logistics.
• Tracking and coordinating all travel requirements including, visas, immunizations, photos, passport
• Preparing detailed itineraries.
• Tracking and gathering related expenses and compiles complicated expense reports in expense reporting
• Creating and updating legal matters in internal matter management system (Team Connect).
• Handling and processing settlements, e-billings, invoices, and payments within and outside the legal
software system, Team Connect. Sets up vendors in internal vendor system.
• Drafting, formatting, and revising legal documents which require a very high
level of word processing skills, attention to detail and excellent proofreading skills to assure accuracy
• Using Microsoft Word track changes function and Workshare Professional to edit and revise documents.
• Working in SharePoint uploading materials, calendaring, reviewing, and researching documents and
• Following through to ensure deadlines are met.
• Assigning action items as needed and follows up for completion.
• Researching inquiries and relieving leaders of administrative details.
• Acting as an information resource in the area of computer systems support software and hardware
• Assisting and providing backup coverage to other legal assistants.
• Associates degree or Administrative assistant certification or equivalent.
• 5+ years Legal administrative experience.
• Demonstrated high level of initiative and independence.
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt readily to the needs of diverse work groups and remain calm under
• Must possess the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and adapt to changing needs and
• Ability to effectively communicate (oral and written) at all levels of the organization.
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative, prioritize and meet deadlines.
• Ability to multi-task, anticipate needs and requirements, and follow through on commitments.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Proficiency in SharePoint, and MS office applications: Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Team Connect, CTREX.
• Basic to intermediate skills in Excel.
• Ability to problem solve and use good judgement in making sound decisions quickly.
• Bachelor's degree
• Legal experience; experience supporting litigation attorneys
• Experience in and/or working relationship with the Chevron Law Function
• Experience with e-billing, matter management systems and setting up vendors in payment system.
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa
status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast-feeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including medical condition), military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other status protected by law or regulation.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at email@example.com.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. We believe affordable, reliable and ever-cleaner energy is essential to achieving a more prosperous and sustainable world. Chevron produces crude oil and natural gas; manufactures transportation fuels, lubricants, petrochemicals and additives; and develops technologies that enhance our business and the industry. We are focused on lowering the carbon intensity in our operations and seeking to grow lower carbon businesses along with our traditional business lines. More information about Chevron is available at www.chevron.com .
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.