Chevron Corporation Refinery Business Manager- Multiple locations possible in San Ramon, California
Date: August 12, 2019
Location: San Ramon, CA
Please note this role may be base out of Richmond CA, El Segundo CA, Pascagoula MS, Salt Lake City, UT or Pasadena TX.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 48,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of [[title]] located in [[filter5]], [[filter4]] / [[filter3]] through August 26, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
The Refinery Business Manager is responsible for management of all business associated with the designated operating area. This includes safe and reliable operation, development and implementation of the Operations and Division business plans, and integration of business unit operations with other business units within the Refinery. This role requires active engagement in career development for Business Unit employees. This role is on the Refinery Leadership Team and supports the development and implementation of the Refinery Business Plan. This key role requires a strong leader with proven operations experience.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
· Responsible for the overall performance of the designated Operating Area.
· Manages the assets in the assigned plants and facilities to operate with excellence.
· Establishes performance metrics and monitors progress in the division in concert with refinery goals.
· Effectively stewards systems within the area to achieve an incident and injury-free workplace with leading asset reliability. Prevent spills and environmental incidents. Ensures integration of environmental and Process Safety Management compliance issues with daily activities.
· Assumes overall responsibility for the development of all division employees. Partners with internal Learning & Development department on training and development.
· Defines obstacles to operating with excellence and utilizes resources both within and outside the division to remove these obstacles.
· Gives strategic direction, deploys resources and coordinates relationships with the Area Management/Asset Team to ensure the refinery is fully optimized and operating to plan. Partners with Technical groups to underpin longer term planning and troubleshooting capability.
· Assists in coordinating response to major upsets and emergencies in order to minimize any adverse effects to personnel, community, environment and equipment.
· Utilizes the Unit Reliability Improvement Program (URIP) model and expectations to build an enhanced reliability culture. Champions URB process and manages threats and vulnerabilities well.
· Effectively manages operating procedures to ensure they are of a high standard and rigorously adhered to.
· Leads the Area Management/Asset Team in setting priorities and alignment with the Maintenance and Reliability team. Manages resources to ensure area integrity is maintained and statutory/legislative requirements are fully met.
· Establishes and manages division capital and expense budgets. Manages the operational resources to support the implementation of the capex program. Works in concert with other functional groups and operating divisions to make the best business decisions for the refinery. Serves in a decision-making capacity as appropriate on refinery projects and initiatives.
· Offers guidance and maintains awareness of issues dealing with the future operation of the Refinery and assigned division; e.g. capital projects, shutdown preparation, overall budget development, feed/product economics, Best Practice development, long-range planning/optimization, emerging technologies, other refinery wide issues, records management, and Information Systems.
· Champions the Turnarounds process to ensure it is followed to effectively plan and execute shutdown activities.
· Champions the process to manage changes to facilities, operations, products or the organization.
· Conducts individual reviews of performance, identifies areas for improvement and supports implementation of personal development plans.
· Maintains strategic manpower plans to ensure the required number of people and skills are available when required to support the business needs. Link these with succession planning and technical career ladder activities.
· Provide resources and direction to support operator initial and refresher training.
Minimum 10 years of experience in refinery or complex facility
Significant Operations line management experience
Willingness to relocate to various Chevron locations both within the US and internationally
Bachelor's degree in Engineering
Demonstrated results in leading an organization to improve performance, proficiency with change management
Process or Designs Engineering experience
Additional relevant experience including Maintenance, Reliability, and/or Planning. This experience should result in demonstrated understanding of Turnarounds, Routine Work Control, URIP, business planning, supply chain economics, risk management, decision making and sound technical understanding of refinery processes.
Employee Relations experience - including policy administration, personnel policy deployment, employee development, performance management
Project experience - including decision-authority roles and leading complex projects that achieved the intended results on schedule, budget and performance as designed
Budget development and cost management
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.